Here’s my dreamy list, best mused over when lying on a comfortable couch with chimes ringing outside the screen door.
- Own a Daisy dog
- Cruise Alaska
- Travel around Europe
- Publish a book or two
- Be debt-free in five years
- Get a small tattoo for my eyes only
- Add a bedroom and pool to our beach cottage
- Buy a loft apartment in a creative and fun downtown
- Add a loft overlooking the screen porch of our mountain house
- Visit Santa Fe again, Mackinac Island, Hershey and Pennsylvania’s Dutch Country, Acadia National Park, Theodosia’s B&B on Bald Head Island and Coeur D’ Alene
- Ride a horse-pulled buggy through Charleston, S.C.
- Ride in a hot air balloon
- Visit all 50 states
- Study photography
- Eat at new restaurants often
- Visit a weeklong spa and indulge
- Daytrip, daytrip and daytrip more
- Vacation with our family in Disney World
- Schedule monthly pedicures and weekly massages
- Experiment with mediums and make lots of artsy things
- Visit Grove Park Inn Spa, suggested by my friend Marie, after a morning hot air balloon ride
- Attend Jerry B. Jenkin’s Writing for the Soul Conference, SCBWI’s writing conference and others
WRite wHere I’m supposed to be – I’ll let you know if we make it to Ruth’s Chris Steak House instead of our all time favorite K&W Cafeteria. Of course, then we may have to postpone being debt-free. In the meantime, I’d love to read what’s on your before-you-kick-the-bucket-list list.
On the side: Thanks to friend and photographer Sally Taylor for giving permission to use her inspirational photos. Fly high!
Daring to Live Fully, 525+ ideas to add to our bucket lists