Recipe for S’more Cookies
Thanksgiving is a time to pass along traditions. One of our family’s favorites is to bake cookies, sit around our kitchen table while the house still smells of them, and eat the warm snack with a cold glass of milk. If you plug in your mixer before me, add a comment so I’ll know whether to include this recipe in my cookie cookbook.
Peanut butter cookies:
2/3 cup all purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 stick unsalted butter, softened
1 cup creamy peanut butter
1 1/3 cups packed light brown sugar
1 large egg, beaten
3/4 tsp vanilla extract
I’d suggest peanut butter cookies from a bag, just add egg and water.
1/2 cup chocolate chips
2 Tbs unsalted butter
1/2 cup marshmallow cream
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Lightly coat a cookie sheet with cooking spray. Mix flour and baking soda in small bowl. Set aside.
2. Mix butter, peanut butter and brown sugar in a medium bowl until smooth. Add egg and vanilla, beat until smooth. Add flour mixture and stir until combined.
3. Roll dough into 1-inch balls and flatten with a fork and bake 8 to 10 minutes. Remove from oven and let stand for 10 minutes. Place cookies in the refrigerator for 20 minutes.
4. While cookies cool, place chocolate chips and butter in a microwave-safe bowl. Heat about 1 minute, until just melted. Let stand for 30 minutes or until slightly stiff.
5. Heat marshmallow cream in microwave for 10 seconds to soften. Spread marshmallow on a cookie, chocolate on another and sandwich together. Store finished cookies in the fridge.
WRite wHere I’m supposed to be – Suggesting you try a recipe I haven’t baked – I know, should I really be doing this? Don’t answer. I didn’t have a choice since it goes right along with the recent S’more post. Just comment when you have them ready. : )